Learn how to manage your appointments and connect them to your Support services for Reporting.
On Comm.care, an appointment is the instance when the service is scheduled to be delivered to the person. For this reason in order to create an appointment the Circle first ought to have an active service - see Add your services to the roadmap.
The Circle Calendar shows the Participants appointments including yours and your peers. It is the only Calendar that allows you to create Appointments. Click on an appointment so see more information about the specific appointment.
You’ll notice that there is a red page next to your Appointment. This red page means that the appointment don’t have a Progress Note attached. Appointments that do have Progress Notes will have a green flag instead. See how to create Progress Notes on Creating Progress Notes
Adding an appointment
You can only make Appointments from within a Circle’s Calendar, to prevent you from accidentally creating an Appointment for the wrong client. Let’s see step by step how to do this;
Step 1. Go to the Circle
The quickest way to go inside a Circle is to click on
Circles on the top grey bar. If you don’t see the Circle on the list, search for it by name. If still you can’t find the circle on this list it means you are not part of that particular Circle, you need to ask the Admin to grant you access.
Step 2. Go to the Calendar screen
Calendar on blue Circle’s menu at the top
Step 3. Add a new Appointment
Once on the Calendar screen click on the date for the appointment to bring up the Add new appointment form
Complete the new appointment form.
- Title: Name the appointment. A good option is to call it something meaningful like “Assistance with Daily Activities”.
- Related Services: Select the service that will be provided in this appointment. If you can’t find the service listed it is because the service is not active in the roadmap.
- Attendees: Select the Team members that will be present in the appointment, this way the appointment will also appear on the attendees calendar.
- Date: At what time will the support services will be delivered? Don’t set the period of time the service will be repeated over, you have done that already when you added the service. This is just one appointment. You will set the repetition on the next field.
- Instructions: Leave any handy instructions for the person providing the service like; Social outing to Cultural centre - Mike, disability taxi driver picks up 10:30 returns approx 11:45
- Repeats: Here is where you set repetition of the appointment. The repetition is based on weeks so you can set the repeater to repeat the appointment every week on any specific weekday.
- Location: Where will the appointment take place?
Congratulations! You have created your first appointment. Now you can add all the other appointments related to the other active services. Or you can add a progress note by clicking on the icon present on the appointment.