Whether you want to generate an invoice to request payment, or create a support log for your client’s approval — our claims feature will make your life easier.
Comm.care’s Claim (aka Client Support Log), is a feature designed to confirm receipt of the NDIS support items as delivered in the direct services provided to Clients via Progress Notes (aka Activities).
Why is the Claim important? The NDIA advise that the Claim (Support Log) form of evidence is a requirement for specific support types (for more information, please review the Provider Payment Assurance Program section of the NDIS Provider Toolkit).
Update your Organisation’s profile
Before you can use Claims you need to ensure your Organisational profile is up to date.
- Go to your Organisation’s profile, and select the ‘Edit’ icon.
- Add in your banking details. And if relevant, add in where you want your invoice numbers to start counting from.
- Click ‘Save changes’.
To create a claim
You can always watch this video with instructions on how to create a claim:
How to create your itemised NDIS participant invoices
Step 1. Go to the Circle
The quickest way to go inside a Circle is to click on
Circles in the top grey bar. If you don’t see the Circle on the list, search for it by name. If still you can’t find the Circle on this list, it means you are not part of that particular Circle, and you need to ask the Admin to grant you access.
Step 2. Go to the Timeline screen
Timeline in the blue Circle’s menu at the top of the page. From here, select
Add New Document and then
Step 3. Add a Claim (Invoice or Statement)
Comm.care automatically populates the Claim based on the Progress Notes (see here for more information on tracking billable hours).
The claims in Comm.care are a powerful document that is used to “claim” the services you have provided over a period of time. There are 2 types of claims;
- Statements: also know as Support logs, these documents are used for NDIA Managed participants, sent to the client as a statement of the services provided and also as a notification that you are going to provide service by claiming the statement amount against their budget.
- Invoice: these are more traditional invoices used for Plan Managed and Self Managed participants. They are sent to the Plan Manager or the Participant for them to pay the invoice like any normal business.
Let’s see the different parts that makes this little rocket pocket;
- Plan Manager: Enter the name of the Plan Manager this invoice is addressed to, otherwise leave blank.
- Plan Manager Email: Enter the email address of the Plan Manager that will receive the invoice - yes Comm.care can fetch all the billable hours, compose the invoice, and even send it to the plan manager with 2 clicks!!
- Participant: Select the participant that recieved the services for the purpose of this Invoice or Statement
- Claim Type: select whether it’s a statement (sent to the client for their information) or an invoice (sent to the client or plan manager to be paid).
- From-To: choose the start and end dates the claim applies to
Updateand Comm.care will load all the Progress Notes related to the participant within the dates specified above. Just in case, review for any typos or hours wrongly entered and save the Claim.
Once the claim is saved, the related Progresss Notes are marked as claimed so there is no risk of claiming them again. You will also see that now that the claim is saved there is a
to PDF that you can use to print or archive the claim as well as a
Send Email that sends the claim attahed to an email to the Plan manager’s email or the participant’s email.
NDIA Providers: Charges for travel, short notice cancellations (no show), and non-face-to-face activities will show up in your statement or claim with the appropriate description if agreed to with your client.
For organisations with a smaller client base who don’t need fully-featured accounting software, our claims feature makes Comm.care a true one-stop-shop for care management.
It’s quick and simple to generate statements and invoices to keep clients informed and get paid more efficiently.